Topic: A new math usenet group
Replies: 148   Last Post: Dec 16, 2012 12:23 AM

Frederick Williams

Re: A new math usenet group

Cliff B wrote:

> I used to be a regular visitor to another usenet newsgroup - to do
> with investing - that became completely overrun by spammers - to the
> extent that it became almost impossible to locate genuine posts among
> the spam. Eventually one of the regulars set up another newsgroup,
> moderated by him, and most of the other serious users of the original
> group migrated to it.
>
> I don't think this group has reached such a desperate situation yet,
> but things aren't looking good. My only suggestion is, that if
> someone is sufficiently motivated to set up a moderated newsgroup,
> that he or she just go and do it, and notify the group. I have a
> feeling that a committee-based approach won't work. A committee
> would, I suspect, agonise endlessly over who or what should or should
> not be included.

Moderation would have to be done by a number of moderators because it is
too much work for one person. Even a robotic moderator would have to be
instructed and adjusted from time to time.

[Since this is sci.math: 'a number of' = an integer, greater than one.]

--
Which of the seven heavens / Was responsible her smile /
Wouldn't be sure but attested / That, whoever it was, a god /

Date Subject Author
8/14/09
Read A new math usenet group
William Elliot
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Musatov
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Jack
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Musatov
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Frederick Williams
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
OwlHoot
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Jack
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
William Elliot
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
lwalke3@lausd.net
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Jesse F. Hughes
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Jack
8/16/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
adamk
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
David Bernier
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
David R Tribble
8/17/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/15/09
Read I am working
Guest
8/15/09
Read Double Helix Replacement for DNA and Special Relativity
Guest
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
J. Antonio Perez M.
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
lwalke3@lausd.net
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Brian Chandler
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Jesse F. Hughes
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Pubkeybreaker
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Pubkeybreaker
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Constructive Truth
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
lwalke3@lausd.net
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/18/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/19/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Aatu Koskensilta
8/20/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
OwlHoot
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
brian fletcher
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
OwlHoot
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Frederick Williams
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
William Elliot
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Frederick Williams
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Herman Jurjus
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Cliff Bott
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Frederick Williams
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Pubkeybreaker
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Pubkeybreaker
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
OwlHoot
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Richard L. Peterson
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Jack
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
hdbanannah
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bart Goddard
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
J. Antonio Perez M.
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
mensanator
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Guest
8/14/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
scribio_vide
8/15/09
Read Re: A new math usenet group
Bacle
8/14/09
Read easier to ban Musatov: help contribute evidence
Guass163
8/14/09
Read Re: easier to ban Musatov: help contribute evidence
ken quirici
11/24/12
Read Re: easier to ban Musatov: help contribute evidence
11/26/12
[...]
Read Easier to ban Speech than to Ignore it?
Constructive Truth
8/16/09
Read Re: Easier to ban Speech than to Ignore it?
ken quirici
8/16/09
[...]
Penny Hassett
8/16/09
[...]