Topic: zero phase low pass filter - filtfilt and IFIR
Replies: 9   Last Post: May 15, 2013 4:25 AM

stefano Mangione

Re: zero phase low pass filter - filtfilt and IFIR

What do you mean by zero-phase? Zero group delay in the passband maybe? Try a Butterworth design, it will have a small frequency-dependent group delay in the passband (ad a large delay in the transition band). A linear phase FIR design has a group delay about half of the filter length, so if delay is important you must use a low-order filter.