Topic: Runtime Error when opening Matlab 7... please HELP!
Replies: 15   Last Post: Feb 17, 2014 2:53 PM

ark

Re: Runtime Error when opening Matlab 7... please HELP!

taff32@gmail.com (Taff Curtis) wrote in message <od2iohv9x3i8@legacy>...
> On 25 Jun 2004 18:09:08 -0700, Lauren wrote:
> >Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> >
> >Runtime Error!
> >
> >Program E:\Matlab\bin\win32\matlab.exe
> >
> >abnormal program termination
> >
> >OK
> >
> >I get this error when opening the main window in matlab. I can open
> >individual *.m files but nothing else. Why is this happening????

> I had the same problem when trying to start matlab, and found out it
> was being caused by a custom windows xp visual style... Once I went
> back to a default windows style Matlab had no problems starting up.
>
> Taff

Yep same here,
exactly the same problem solved when i reinstalled Matlab7 with "Themes" service started (winkey+R, services.msc). After you can disable Themes again, works fine as should.