Topic: Problem with memory usage (R2009a)
Replies: 11   Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 10:20 AM

Outspan

Re: Problem with memory usage (R2009a)

On Oct 20, 1:53 pm, "Bruno Luong" <b.lu...@fogale.findmycountry>
wrote:
> Outspan <borghibor...@gmail.com> wrote in message <32cf3331-9441-4f73-9b6f-f29d3fbf6...@s6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>...
> > Hi all,
>
> >...  I also use up 300MB of
> > memory, and I don't understand why.

> Because of the REPMAT instruction.
>

> > bars = struct('date', [], 'time', [], 'open', [], 'high', [], 'low',
> > [], 'close', [], 'volume', []);
> > bars = repmat(bars, [1 500000]);

I wrote earlier that I had 50K lines, but I really have 500K (so the
parameters in repmat are correct). Is there a way to do this and use
less memory? How come the .mat file is only 10MB but the script is
using this much memory?