Topic: Problem with memory usage (R2009a)
Replies: 11   Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 10:20 AM

Bruno Luong

Re: Problem with memory usage (R2009a)

Outspan <borghiborghi@gmail.com> wrote in message <3685c1d5-be81-4845-bcf2-90ad72037a7a@p20g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>...

> even though every single field of the struct is only 8 bytes in size.
> I hope that in its internal representation it's not replicating the
> field names 500K times...

No, the internal fieldnames is not duplicated, other internal "things" (matlab mxArray like) do.

Drop using array of struct if you want to save memory and speed.

Bruno