The Math Forum

Topic: intuitionism
Replies: 16   Last Post: Nov 1, 2009 3:33 AM

nukeymusic

Re: intuitionism

On Oct 27, 7:39 am, Keith Ramsay <kram...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Oct 26, 9:16 am, nukeymusic <nukeymu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> |Thanks for the hint, could you explain in words what the meaning is
> of
> |the leftmost symbol, I guess it is in fact the "not-version" of a
> |symbol?
>
> |= is a symbol used to mean "is a model of" as in "M |= X" or
> is valid, and yes, the bar through it negates it. Hence
> "p or not p is not valid".
>
> Keith Ramsay

building further on what was said before in this thread:
1. is the following an example of "p or not(p) is absurd":
p=(i>0) with i=sqrt(-1)
2. did Brouwer possibly think of this kind of example?
3. can anyone give an example of a p for which: p or not(p) is false
4. was "not(|=) p or not(p)" only stated for examples which applied to
infinite sequences
regards,
nukey