The Math Forum

Topic: simscape GUI editing questions
Replies: 3   Last Post: Oct 30, 2009 5:09 AM

Arnaud Miege

Re: simscape GUI editing questions

"Jason S" <jmsachs@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Some questions about Simscape:
>
> 1) when I drag an element around, I get a light blue line that looks
> like the software is trying to connect ports automatically. But when I
> release the mouse button to stop dragging, it never connects anything.
> What is this feature for and how can I use it?
>
> 2) is there any way to flip a block left-right rather than up-down?
> (e.g. /Electrical/Electrical Elements/Rotational Electromechanical
> Converter, I want the mechanical side on the left rather than the
> right)
>
> 3) is there a keyboard shortcut to hide block names? (or do I have to
> right-click every time?)

These are not specific to Simscape, but generic to Simulink:

1) These are smart guides to help you align blocks, see:
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/simulink/ug/f13-82458.html#br1aik8

2) Yes: from the menu bar (with the block selected) Format -> Flip block ->
Letf-Right or Up-Down

3) No. To see the keyboard shortcuts, in your model click on Help ->
Shortcuts. You can select multiple blocks and hide their name in one
operation though.

HTH,

Arnaud