Topic: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Replies: 33   Last Post: Sep 9, 2013 1:16 AM

Jun

Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?

"Ryan " <rcrabb@soe.ucsc.edu> wrote in message <h45jim$3nt$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I've had similar results to Mathew ^^^
>
> When I try to start Matlab under normal Windows 7 settings I get a pop-up "Error Starting Desktop" with about 50 lines of java.something.or.other.
>
> - Changing Compatability mode to Vista causes it to die on startup without the error message.
>
> - Selecting "Disable desktop composition" does nothing.
>
> - Copying over the java directory results in a warning message: "Warning: Unable to load Java Runtime Environment: C:\%matlab-directories%\jre1.5.0_05\bin\server\jvm.dll is not a valid Win32 application", then after OK displays another warning: "Warning: Disabling Java support" and then starts some crippled version of Matlab with only a prompt.
>
> - Adding the environment variables causes Matlab to close immediately upon startup.
>
> - Running Windows 7 with the Classic theme is the only method I've found to work for me, so I'm still interested in finding a better solution.

At first i've encountered the same problem with you.
The solution is easy, just change the compatible mode to windows 2000.
I hope it will work with yours too.

Date Subject Author
2/13/09
Read How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
maniacWaltz
2/14/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Dave Chen
2/15/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Dave Chen
2/19/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Dominic
2/5/11
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Sameer
2/20/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Tamir Cohen
5/30/11
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
George Zubal
12/12/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Celso Montalvo
11/3/10
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Prashanth
1/29/12
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Scotland
3/29/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Luis
5/8/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Ondrej Simecek
5/22/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Pon
5/22/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Pon
5/30/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Jonathan
6/3/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
a@a.com
5/17/10
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Panos
5/20/10
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
basavangouda gangangoudar
7/17/12
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
chaithragowda09@gmail.com
12/28/12
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Fayçal
1/28/11
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
JT
7/21/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Ryan
10/8/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Joel
11/16/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Sebastian
12/12/09
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Celso Montalvo
12/13/10
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Daniel Garcia
1/9/10
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Jun
1/16/10
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Jura Perko
1/17/10
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Steven Lord
1/16/10
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Jura Perko
5/3/10
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Erik
9/15/10
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Felix
2/29/12
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
Georges
9/9/13
Read Re: How to run Matlab R2007b on Windows 7 Beta?
cmdtechs@gmail.com