Topic: help : how to reverse 2-D lookup table ?
Replies: 10   Last Post: Oct 30, 2013 5:54 AM

John D'Errico

Re: help : how to reverse 2-D lookup table ?

"meng yan" <anoucxy@163.com> wrote in message <hk0036$c0k$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> May be should use others means, the datas of T=T(a,b) are got by inner compute of matlab using Finit Element Analysis ,so I think it cann't simplly get a(a=a(T,b)), but there must have a means to do that . I aways try to use matlab's data process to achieve it ,but all have failed. Who have a good idears ?
> meng yan

It does not matter how this function has been obtained.

If it does not have a simple, single valued behavior,
then NOTHING can give you an inverse relationship.
"Good ideas" are not sufficient to overcome a
mathematical impossibility.

And, if that relationship is a well behaved one then
I'll be forced to repeat myself - it is then trivial to
generate what you wish to see. A simple interpolation
using interp1 will suffice to build your table.

John