Topic: NYTimes math blog
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 8:12 PM

Evan Romer

NYTimes math blog

The NY Times now has a math blog, written by Steven Strogatz. The
first article, "From Fish to Infinity" was very well done. He
announces that he's going to start at the beginning: why do we have
numbers anyway. (He turns to Sesame Street for an answer -- Ernie and
Humphrey at The Furry Arms hotel.)

> I?ll be writing about the elements of mathematics, from pre-school
> to grad school, for anyone out there who?d like to have a second
> chance at the subject ? but this time from an adult perspective.
> It?s not intended to be remedial. The goal is to give you a better
> feeling for what math is all about and why it?s so enthralling to
> those who get it.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/author/steven-strogatz/

Evan Romer
Susquehanna Valley HS