Topic: Slightly OT : I hate math
Replies: 18   Last Post: Feb 6, 2010 11:52 PM

Jared

Re: Slightly OT : I hate math

On Feb 4, 6:22 am, "Larry Hammick" <larryhamm...@telus.net> wrote:
> And teachers who have no
> talent or interest will probably pass on to the student their own dislike of
> the whole affair. If the teacher hates the subject, and can barely work
> through the grade-school lessons himself and only by conforming in every
> detail to the recipes in the book,

The worst math class I ever had was not taught by such a teacher. It
was taught by a teacher who probably knew his stuff, but was simply
uninterested in teaching, apparently regarding students with contempt.
Since he could neither fail everyone or teach anything, he gave 'C's
for raw test scores in the 10% range.