Topic: netcdf in matlab 2009a linux
Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 10:55 AM

Ashish Uthama

Re: netcdf in matlab 2009a linux

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 04:40:08 -0500, ulas im <ulasim77@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> i want to read and write netcdf files on a 2009a verion of a linux
> matlab. can anyone tell me what to do please?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Ulas Im

Type 'doc' at the command line
Click on MATLAB->User guide->Data Import and
Export->Import/Export->Importing Scientific Data File->netCDF :)

In short:
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/netcdf.html
Or please paste this in the MATLAB command window:
web([docroot,'/techdoc/ref/netcdf.html'])

Note that these are 'low-level' interface directly to the NetCDF library.
You would have to know a bit about the NetCDF file format
(Dimensions/Variables/Attributes) to get around.
(http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/old_docs/docs_3_6_2/).