Topic: .eps file in MATHEMATICA
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 5:57 AM

LBoogie

Re: .eps file in MATHEMATICA

On Dec 22 2009, 4:05 am, Andong He <h...@math.psu.edu> wrote:
> I created an .eps plot using MATHEMATICA, and wanna add it into my .pdf file. The plot has a rigion filled using command "RegionPlot" in MATHEMATICA. The picture looks fine in MATHEMATICA and PHOTOSHOP, but when I insert into a .tex file and generate a .pdf file, the filled region shows weird pattern of grids and diagonal lines.
>
> How does that happen? Thanks

I was able to confirm what you were seeing using both an .eps and .pdf
file of the region plot image.

Note that I used the LaTeX package "epstopdf" to automatically convert
the .eps file to .pdf.

If I display the mesh with the mesh being the same color as the region
then I no longer see the "pattern of grids" in my generated .pdf
file. I can do this using
RegionPlot[x^2+y^3<2, {x,-2,2},{y,-2,2}, Mesh->All, MeshStyle->Pink,
PlotStyle->Pink]

Unfortunately, using this method--the region's boundary disappears. I
do not know how to display the boundary. Do you know how to do this?