Topic: The Continuing Climate Meltdown WSJ artical
Replies: 11   Last Post: Feb 26, 2010 7:10 PM

Mike

Re: The Continuing Climate Meltdown WSJ artical

On Feb 16, 7:44 am, "J. Clarke" <jclarke.use...@cox.net> wrote:
> Mike Jr wrote:
> > On Feb 15, 10:54 pm, "Baron" <nos...@invalid.com> wrote:
> >> Wall Street Journal Feb 16, 2010
>
> > Good article, thank you.
>
> > [snip, to save space]
>
> > *> The lesson of climategate and now the IPCC's shoddy sourcing is
> > that the
> > *> claims of the global warming lobby need far more rigorous scrutiny.

> > If science had been doing its job none of this climate nonsense would
> > have happened in the first place.  Advocacy, like marketing any
> > product, is the search for a predetermined endpoint.  Science is the
> > rigorous search for the truth with the endpoint determined strictly by
> > the data.  Scientist who are advocates first are no longer scientist.

> Science has been trying to do its job, the trouble is that science got shut
> out by politics.
>
> The fact that someone claims to be a "scientist" doesn't make him one.  This
> is something that politicians need to understand.  It would help if they
> didn't call what they do "political science" because doing so gives them a
> warped perspective on the nature of science.

But a large majority of professional scientist, Ph.d's at
universities, editors at Nature and Science, professional societies
like the APS and AMS were drinking the AGW kool-aid. Some brave souls
stood up to the "science is settled" nonsense. My personal hero is
Hungarian physicist Dr. Ferenc Miskolczi. If somebody deserves a
Nobel prize for integrity, courage, and science it's Ferenc.

The judgment of history is on us. I hope that Graham Spanier at Penn
State thinks long and hard about how history will view his legacy.

--Mike Jr.