The Math Forum

Topic: sub-pixel shifting of a matrix
Replies: 14   Last Post: Feb 7, 2013 12:23 PM

Matt J

Re: sub-pixel shifting of a matrix

"Matt J " <mattjacREMOVE@THISieee.spam> wrote in message <hm56qd$t3c$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> Incidentally, I've just noticed that interp2 has a "*METHOD" option allowing you to tell it that the samples are uniformly spaced, for more optimized execution. This probably means that interp2 will implement the interpolation as a separable convolution for you under the hood.

Come to think of it, that can't (always) be true. The interpolation only boils down to a convolution if the sample spacing is 1 pixel. So the question is whether interp2 is smart enough to check for this special case.