Topic: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Replies: 20   Last Post: Mar 10, 2010 6:47 PM

Bart Goddard

Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)

Gerry <gerry@math.mq.edu.au> wrote in

> On Mar 9, 4:31 pm, Bart Goddard <goddar...@netscape.net> wrote:
>> Obispo de Tolosa <MathMan...@hotmail.com> wrote
>> innews:1046383277.347140.

> 1268110066496.JavaMail.root@gallium.mathforum.org:
>>
>> > Granville is obviously the greatest living mathematician, and
>> > perhaps the only one.

>> > The late Dr. Schramm was great precisely because he did NOT receive
>> > a Fields medal.

>> Cool!  I never got one either!

> I was rooting for you, Bart. I couldn't believe they gave it
> to that Wiles guy instead.

Ah well, it's just a popularity contest anyway. If
Andrew hadn't been dating that cheerleader....

--
Cheerfully resisting change since 1959.

Date Subject Author
3/5/10
Read Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
riderofgiraffes
3/5/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Larry Hammick
3/6/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
master1729
3/5/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
G. A. Edgar
3/8/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Obispo de Tolosa
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
gerry@math.mq.edu.au
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
J. Antonio Perez M.
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Gerry Myerson
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Ioannis
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Omega Cubed
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
anonymous.rubbertube@yahoo.com
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Gerry Myerson
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
J. Antonio Perez M.
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Frederick Williams
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
ostap_bender_1900@hotmail.com
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
omega