Topic: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Replies: 20   Last Post: Mar 10, 2010 6:47 PM

Bart Goddard

Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)

Gerry Myerson <gerry@maths.mq.edi.ai.i2u4email> wrote in news:gerry-
DEFD43.08580110032010@news.eternal-september.org:

> In article
> <c68f5809-31fe-4fd7-9c07-f0b6881e5f0c@z11g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
> Tonico <Tonicopm@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> We really need a mathematics prize comparable to the Nobel Prize in
>> importance and projection: the Fields Medal is ONLY for a particular
>> achievment AND under the age of 40, and not for mathematical
>> importance/transcendence, which should be, imo, without any age
>> restriction.

> Perhaps we could pass the virtual hat around and raise funds
> for a prestigious Sci.Math.Medal to be awarded annually by a
> committee composed of Robert Israel, Gerald Edgar, Arturo
> Magidin, etc.

Ah, of course,... the mathematical establishment....I'm in for 10
bucks (US).

--
Cheerfully resisting change since 1959.

Date Subject Author
3/5/10
Read Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
riderofgiraffes
3/5/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Larry Hammick
3/6/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
master1729
3/5/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
G. A. Edgar
3/8/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Obispo de Tolosa
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
gerry@math.mq.edu.au
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
J. Antonio Perez M.
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Gerry Myerson
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Ioannis
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Omega Cubed
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
anonymous.rubbertube@yahoo.com
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Gerry Myerson
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
J. Antonio Perez M.
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Frederick Williams
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
ostap_bender_1900@hotmail.com
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
omega