The Math Forum

Topic: fk-filter, velocity filter, frequency-wavenumber filter
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 12, 2010 4:44 PM

Rune Allnor

Re: fk-filter, velocity filter, frequency-wavenumber filter

On 11 Mar, 18:23, "Hans " <te...@gmx.com> wrote:
> Jep, Rune You are completely right, in your suspicion, what the hard part is for me :-)
>
> I have an idea about the "dip" in the signals I want to filter out in my data if we look at them in the non transformed data. So it's a linear relation between f and k or x and y, depending how You call the 2 dimensions.
>
> How can I create a filter from my linear equations in the f-k domain ?

You can't. You fill in the numbers in the matrix (or N-D array, if
you have more than one spatial dimension) H I showed you a couple
of posts back. There is nothing more to it. You just have to know
what numbers to fill in. And they have nothing to do with anything
else than the job you want the filter to do.

Rune