Topic: 64bits and memory problem
Replies: 18   Last Post: Oct 2, 2013 5:39 AM

James

Re: 64bits and memory problem

Hi Evan,
The problem is probably b/c you're on a Linux or Mac and they gcc,
which is slightly more finicky than other compilers. You need to
modify the lines in the Gibbs Sampler code where they randomly
generate a number and add "ULL" (without quotes). So a problematic
line such as the one below becomes (notice the ULL after 4294967296)
i_pick = i_start + (int) ( (double) randomMT() * (double) nauthors /
(double) (4294967296 + 1.0) );
i_pick = i_start + (int) ( (double) randomMT() * (double) nauthors /
(double) (4294967296ULL + 1.0) );

I am assuming you have a 32-bit machine.
James