Topic: Escape From The Textbook
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 7, 2010 7:01 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Escape From The Textbook

MPG:

Thanks enormously for posting that link to Henri Picciotto's response to the (igno)rant by Bill Ferriter "Why I Hate Interactive Whiteboards". (MPG's posting is pasted in full below my signature).

And thanks even more for bringing Mr Picciotto to our attention - his teaching work and his blog are terrific, in my opinion. I plan to study all of his work in detail. I'd strongly recommend that all of us - and in particular the "mathematically correct" amongst us - should check him out for some very sound thinking on mathematics education.

See:
http://www.mathedpage.org/
http://www.mathedpage.org/urban/urban-math.html
http://www.mathedpage.org/resume/index.html