Topic: ellipse points regularly spaced, or inverse of the incomplete
elliptic integral of the second (not first) kind

Replies: 8   Last Post: Jun 1, 2010 3:45 PM

Bruno Luong

Re: ellipse points regularly spaced, or inverse of the incomplete

"Felipe G. Nievinski" <fgnievinski@gmail.com> wrote in message <htjlqp$e3q$1@news.acm.uiuc.edu>...

> I found this statement at <http://dlmf.nist.gov/19.25#v>:
> "[elliptic] integrals of the second kind, ... are not invertible
> in terms of single-valued functions"
> though I find the treatment given, in terms of the so-called elliptic
> symmetric integrals, a little hard to digest.

Are they talking about invertible in C or in R? To illustrate, y = x^3 is invertible in R but not in C. This is surely an "incomplete" statement. LOL

Your post is too long to read, and did not even spot any question. Is it just a discussion?

Bruno