Topic: precise numerical integration
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jun 3, 2010 11:25 PM

Re: precise numerical integration

"Marcio Barbalho" <marciobarbalho@live.com> wrote in message <hu9mfj$rhl$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "us " <us@neurol.unizh.ch> wrote

> > well...
> > not even ML has the magic wand that turns your bad data into good data...
> > unless, of course, you use one of its many powerful interpolators - which, however, will make things even worse...
> >

> No, that was not my point. I can't change the data, nor should I. What I am trying to find is an alternative integrator to 'trapz'.
> Many thanks

i guess you missed my point a bit:
whichever integrator you're using, it will have to deal with your data, which, as you said yourself, is messy...
hence, as john d'errico usually says at this point: garbage in, garbage out... no matter what box is in between...

however, there are many other ML integrators available, see roger stafford's reply...