Topic: binomials
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 28, 1999 10:25 PM

SuperDee

Re: binomials

------=_NextPart_000_0075_01BE91B5.43D39380

Hi Jim,

I'm an adult student attending college in Littleton, Colorado (yes, =
barely a mile away from Columbine High School). We also utilize the FOIL =
method for multiplying binomials. IMHO, it really didn't need to have =
it's own little acronym since it is simply the most logical way to =
perform the operation. I have looked at several other algebra textbooks =
besides the one my class uses (Beginning Algebra, K. Elayn =
Martin-Gay)whenever I was having difficulty understanding the way our =
text/professor explained something. They all include FOIL in their =
chapter on binomials.
--=20

Miss Dee
________________________________
Most people don't care what you know,
they just want to know that you care.

JIM HARMON <SXBG@grove.iup.edu> wrote in message =
I am doing a lesson on binomials and was just wondering what students =
or
teachers thought of the FOIL method and whether it is used everywhere =
or not.=20
A reply would be appreciated. Thanks.

J. Harmon

------=_NextPart_000_0075_01BE91B5.43D39380

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DAlaska>Hi Jim,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DAlaska></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DAlaska>I'm an adult student attending college in =
Littleton,=20
Colorado (yes, barely a mile away from Columbine High School). We also =
utilize=20
the FOIL method for multiplying binomials. IMHO, it really didn't need =
to have=20
it's own little acronym since it is simply the most logical way to =
perform the=20
operation. I have looked at several other algebra textbooks besides the =
one my=20
class uses (<EM>Beginning Algebra</EM>, K. Elayn Martin-Gay)whenever I =
was=20
having difficulty understanding the way our text/professor explained =
something.=20
They all include FOIL in their chapter on binomials.<BR>-- </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DAlaska>Miss =
Dee<BR>________________________________<BR>Most=20
people don't care what you know,<BR>they just want to know that you=20
care.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>JIM HARMON &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:SXBG@grove.iup.edu">SXBG@grove.iup.edu</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:01JAIVVGGV4I91XMHD@grove.iup.edu">news://01JAIVVGGV4I91XMHD@gr=
ove.iup.edu</A>...</DIV>I=20
am doing a lesson on binomials and was just wondering what students=20
or<BR>teachers thought of the FOIL method and whether it is used =
everywhere or=20
not. <BR>A reply would be appreciated.&nbsp;=20
=
Thanks.<BR><BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
J.&nbsp; Harmon</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0075_01BE91B5.43D39380--