The Math Forum

Topic: 2D gaussian fitting using Surface Fitting Tool
Replies: 11   Last Post: Dec 8, 2016 8:27 AM

Tim Balmer

Re: 2D gaussian fitting using Surface Fitting Tool

Alright, I figured it out. Here is my solution. First, I changed the custom equation to this: A*exp(-(x-x0)^2/(2*sigmax^2)-(y-y0)^2/(2*sigmay^2)) It was also necessary to change the 'Fit Options'. I changed the StartPoint of all the Unknows to 10.

Now it works great. I hope this helps someone out there who is trying to fit 2D gaussians to their data using the Surface Fitting Tool.