Topic: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jan 28, 2014 9:41 PM

Steven Lord

Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...

"Theophane " <theo.weber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Matlab has gone mad! It won't accept any declaration other than
> predeclared matlab functions (say, fft). Almost any other function call
> returns 'Undefined function or method bla bla'.
>
> I know you'll think that I don't have the path defined correctly, or that
> my function is not defined properly, but this is not the case. I am trying
> to call functions or script located in the directory i am currently
> browsing.
>
> Tab autocompletes their name when I start typing the first few letters.
> But as soon as I press enter, matlab gets confused. I have been using
> matlab for years, never encountered this problem.
>
> Even weirder, I can copy those files in a different folder, and sometimes,
> just sometimes, they will work. For a bit. Before becoming un-callable
> again.
> This does not concern all the files I am using, just some. they can be on
> a different drive, too.
>
> Does anyone have any clue what is going on?

Send a listing of the names of the files in that directory to Technical
Support so they can investigate what's going on.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

Date Subject Author
6/11/10
Read Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Theophane
6/11/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shanmugam Kannappan
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
9/17/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
9/22/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jeremy Lagorse
9/23/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
4/7/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shai
6/28/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
nick
3/23/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Hye Young
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
us
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Walter Roberson
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Rafa
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Di
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Frank
1/27/14
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Yilin
1/28/14