Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

On 15 Jun., 17:59, Aatu Koskensilta <aatu.koskensi...@uta.fi> wrote:
> WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:
> > We should not use oracles in mathematics.
>
> Nonsense. Using orcales we can show for example that the P = NP problem
> can't be solved using any technique that relativizes. This is a useful
> result.
>

> > A real is computable or not. My list contains all computable numbers:
>
> > 0
> > 1
> > 00

> Your list doesn't appear to contain any real at all, just finite binary
> sequences.

A real number cannot be defined other than by a finite definition. All
are in the list.
Have you ever obtained a real number from an infinite definition or
sequence? When was that? Who told you? What number was it? (Please
give it by finite definition, otherwise the internet will break down.)

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules
jaimie