Topic: neg * neg = pos; why?
Replies: 26   Last Post: Jul 31, 1997 3:22 PM

Frances Rosamond

Re: neg * neg = pos; why?

Stuart,
Your comment about your daughters reminds me of a old story: A famous
person (I forget who) was giving a lecture and said, "Two negatives equal a
positive but two positives never equal a negative." Then someone in the
audience disparagingly called out, "Yah, Yah."
Fran Rosamond
Department Chair
Mathematics and Natural Sciences
National University