Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

Virgil

In article
<9df240be-eaec-4d46-bd74-42868f4970ec@g19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 16 Jun., 02:39, "Peter Webb" <webbfam...@DIESPAMDIEoptusnet.com.au>
> wrote:

> > > Nevertheless your "definition" belongs to a countable set, hence it is
> > > no example to save Cantors "proof".

> > > Either all entries of the lines of the list are defined and the
> > > diagonal is defined (in the same language) too.

> > Yes. If you provide a list of Reals, then the diagonal is computable and
> > does not appear on the list.

> Delicious. Cantor shows that the countable set of computable reals is
> uncountable.

That would require that one can have a list of all and only the
computable numbers which is already known to be impossible.

So WM is wrong again, as usual.

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules
jaimie