Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

Tim Little

On 2010-06-18, Ross A. Finlayson <ross.finlayson@gmail.com> wrote:
> The rationals are well known to be countable, and things aren't both
> countable and uncountable, so to have a reason to think that
> arguments about the real numbers that are used to establish that
> they are uncountable apply also to the rationals, the integer
> fractions, has for an example in Cantor's first argument, about the
> nested intervals, that the rationals are dense in the reals, so even
> though they aren't gapless or complete, they are no- where
> non-dense, they are everywhere dense on the real number line.

As your sentence is less than coherent, I will merely point out that
it is generally poor form to use 9 commas in a single sentence except
when listing items. I will grant that parody often benefits from
abuses of ordinary sentence structure, such as, for example, and not
in any way showing that these are the only possible forms, sentences,
like this one, which are convoluted to exhibit, by way of meandering,
that they imply that mental processes, of the original writer, that
is, which may be, perhaps, less than clear, and so in some way, to
some readers, humourous.

- Tim

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules