Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

On 18 Jun., 05:25, Sylvia Else <syl...@not.here.invalid> wrote:
> On 18/06/2010 4:27 AM, WM wrote:

> >> Obviously not - the diagonal argument shows that it doesn't.
>
> > There is no diagonal element for a list of finite lines.
>
> The list of computable reals is not a list of finite lines.

It is. Every real number that is defined is defined by a finite word
(definition or formula). It is impossible to define a number by an
infinite sequence, because the sequence never ends and the definition
is never known.

A finite word W can define an infinite sequence S up to every desired
n.
W ==> S
But the reversal of the implication is not true (as usual).
S ==> W
is impossible and wrong.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author