Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

Tim Little

On 2010-06-19, Peter Webb <webbfamily@DIESPAMDIEoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
>> The relevant point: the *only* input to the Turing machine in the
>> definition is n. The rest of the tape must is blank. Peter
>> apparently believes that a number is still computable even if the
>> Turing machine must be supplied with an infinite amount of input (the
>> list of reals).

> No.

Oh? Then what leads you to believe that the antidiagonal of a (not
necessarily recursive) list of computable reals is computable?

> Do you agree that Cantor's diagonal proof when applied to a
> purported list of all computable Reals will produce a computable
> Real not on the list

No, for the fifth time now. The antidiagonal of a list of all
computable real is not computable. How many more times would you like
me to repeat this simple and mathematically obvious statement?

- Tim

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules
jaimie