Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

On 19 Jun., 08:12, Virgil <Vir...@home.esc> wrote:

> > No, for the fifth time now.  The antidiagonal of a list of all
> > computable real is not computable.  How many more times would you like
> > me to repeat this simple and mathematically obvious statement?

Please stop to repeat that. It is completely irrelevant. There is a
list that contains all finite words. It includes all definable,
constructible, computable numbers.

> There is, however, some question in my mind about the existence of a
> list of all and ONLY computable reals.

Completely irrelevant.

> For countability of a set it is certainly sufficient to have a list
> containing all its members even if that list is allowed to contain other
> things as well.-

Correct. All numbers that somehow can be identified belong to a
countable set.

Therefore Cantor either proves the uncountability of a countable set
(by producing a diagonal number that can be identified) or he
identifies an unidentifiable disgonal number. Both is a contradiction.

And I am very sorry for those "logicians" who try to escape this
simple truth by sophisticated definitions that yield unidentifiable
identities and other foolish notions.

A crank suffers from selective perception of reality, doesn't he?

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules
jaimie