Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

Virgil

In article
<dd3dc65c-aa76-4921-9696-aead077ab221@k39g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 19 Jun., 16:00, Sylvia Else <syl...@not.here.invalid> wrote:
>

> > ZFC makes claims in the context of ZFC. You can't take it down using a
> > different set of axioms, because ZFC doesn't make statements under those
> > other axioms. If you want to attack ZFC, as distinct from inventing
> > competing sets of axioms, your only viable course is to seek to show
> > that it is inconsistent.

> There are things more elementary than ZFC. Induction for instance: If
> a list is constructed as follows:
>
> 0.0
> 0.1
> 0.11
> 0.111
>
> then the anti-diagonal p = 0.111... does not exist or it is in one and
> the same line of the list.

Until WM presents a complete system, such as FOL+ZFC represents, there
is no way to tell if FOL+ZFC can be imedded in WM's system, and unless
it can be embedded, what happens in WM's system is irrelevant to what
can happen in ZFC.

A long and irrelevant argument about what happens in WM's system but
outside FOL+ZFC deleted.

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules
jaimie