Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

On Jun 17, 10:30 pm, Tim Little <t...@little-possums.net> wrote:
> On 2010-06-18, Ross A. Finlayson <ross.finlay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > The rationals are well known to be countable, and things aren't both
> > countable and uncountable, so to have a reason to think that
> > arguments about the real numbers that are used to establish that
> > they are uncountable apply also to the rationals, the integer
> > fractions, has for an example in Cantor's first argument, about the
> > nested intervals, that the rationals are dense in the reals, so even
> > though they aren't gapless or complete, they are no- where
> > non-dense, they are everywhere dense on the real number line.

> As your sentence is less than coherent, I will merely point out that
> it is generally poor form to use 9 commas in a single sentence except
> when listing items.  I will grant that parody often benefits from
> abuses of ordinary sentence structure, such as, for example, and not
> in any way showing that these are the only possible forms, sentences,
> like this one, which are convoluted to exhibit, by way of meandering,
> that they imply that mental processes, of the original writer, that
> is, which may be, perhaps, less than clear, and so in some way, to
> some readers, humourous.
>
> - Tim

Some I go back and add later.

Too bad no one can read it but me.

No seriously still it's clear in lots of ways, I can rewrite those
paragraphs as much longer.

Sorry that was a bad joke. Collected, I'm very happy with the
output. Each one, in its own way, has some content.

You don't agree with the rationals are dense on the line?

[...]

(...)

You left out the part before and after.

Arguments about the uncountability of the real numbers include those
derived from the numeric property of their density. For example one
of them is called "Cantor's first argument for the uncountability of
the reals."

The constructive (computable) sets are mappable to the countable
ordinals, where, the countable ordinals is the same thing as the
enumerative ordinals, because, they're each countable and that's all
of them. The constructive universe is complete, each in it countable,
but then the results of results are results so they are infinite and
their own powersets. (Sound familiar?) The existence of the
constructive universe is a result.

Ha what's funny is you can still read them.

Basically from having an idea to write a sentence, as it's written
then the parts of it are added automatically for, as you describe,
contemplative pause, as well as any emplacement of comment to provide
context generally. This is in the case where the writing is for a
particular medium, when there's a lot of writing back in forth (in
complete sentences, thank you) then to edit for readability is
deferred for real intent. But, there's not really a lot of writing
going on that way, rather, I much prefer the writing with the theme
and the content (on the mathematics). So, I read.

Warm regards,

Ross Finlayson

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules