Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

Tim Little

On 2010-06-21, Peter Webb <webbfamily@DIESPAMDIEoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
> No, I only need a finite algorithm which will calculate it to n
> decimal places with finite input.

You have previously stated that you can do this with "about three
lines of Java code".

Here's your Java method signature: int antidiagonalDigit(BigInteger n).

Here are the first twenty digits of the first twenty members of my
list:

93525532854532512838
32127313472944276266
70595916184994935423
20733652719572401688
30472031767118774150
47190325821263633948
74236814853458351851
58521903865615844550
91701104659863267390
39510921669610680229
19656091025330568974
49591084533660072011
81683520683673830124
93720622611168810054
50284245443806050152
11702670934156383526
58534679962278312978
68478827933494896765
83579375050000862329
50241229144880453593

Now let's see your Java code.

If I then give you the first 10^100 list entries to 10^10 digits,
would the same code suffice? Would it have to be enlarged? How large
would it be if I required any digit up to the 10^100'th?

How large would it have to be if I asked for an algorihm that produces
*any* digit on request?

- Tim

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules