Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

Tim Little

On 2010-06-21, Peter Webb <webbfamily@DIESPAMDIEoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
> "Tim Little" <tim@little-possums.net> wrote in message
>> On 2010-06-21, Peter Webb <webbfamily@DIESPAMDIEoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
>>> No, I only need a finite algorithm which will calculate it to n
>>> decimal places with finite input.

>> You have previously stated that you can do this with "about three
>> lines of Java code".
>>
>> Here's your Java method signature: int antidiagonalDigit(BigInteger n).
>>
>> Here are the first twenty digits of the first twenty members of my
>> list:
>>
>> 93525532854532512838
>> 32127313472944276266
>> 70595916184994935423
>> 20733652719572401688
>> 30472031767118774150
>> 47190325821263633948
>> 74236814853458351851
>> 58521903865615844550
>> 91701104659863267390
>> 39510921669610680229
>> 19656091025330568974
>> 49591084533660072011
>> 81683520683673830124
>> 93720622611168810054
>> 50284245443806050152
>> 11702670934156383526
>> 58534679962278312978
>> 68478827933494896765
>> 83579375050000862329
>> 50241229144880453593
>>
>> Now let's see your Java code.

> Here is my p-code.

As I suspected, your claim that you could actually do it was pure
puffery, and you probably know as little about programming as you do
about mathematics.

> Take the nth digit of the nth item.

The n'th item of *what*? The list is not a parameter, it is not a
global variable, it is completely out of scope. You fail already.

- Tim

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules
jaimie