Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

Sylvia Else

On 22/06/2010 9:28 PM, WM wrote:
> On 22 Jun., 11:49, Sylvia Else<syl...@not.here.invalid> wrote:
>

>> The antidiagonal of the list of (A0, A1, A2,...) would only belong to
>> the set if it is also the antidiagnoal of some Ln, which you haven't
>> proved to be the case.

> Ah, noew I understand. You want to make us believe that there is a
> limiting list but no limiting antidiagonal.

Hadn't even crossed my mind.

> The list containing (L0, A0, A1, A2,...) would only then be a list Ln,
> if its antidiagonal is the antidiagonal of some Ln.
>
> But if (L0, A0, A1, A2,...) is not a list Ln, then something must have
> been happened in between that was incompatible with the process of my
> proof.

Strictly speaking, by your method of construction, the lists are

(L0), (A0, L0), (A1, A0, L0), (... , A2, A1, A0, L0) ...

being respectively,

L0, L1, L2, L3, ...

For (A0, A1, A2, ...) to be a list that should contain its own
anti-diagonal, it has to be the same as an Ln, yet I can see no reason
to think it would be. The fact that a contradiction would arise seems a
powerful indicator that (A0, A1, A2, ...) would not be same as any Ln.

Sylvia.

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules
jaimie