Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

Virgil

In article <88d6j2Fqq8U1@mid.individual.net>,
Sylvia Else <sylvia@not.here.invalid> wrote:

> On 23/06/2010 11:03 AM, Virgil wrote:
> > In article
> > <2000e81b-7c5a-41be-b6af-98f96f2fb630@w31g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
> > WM<mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> >> Does this list contain the anti-diagonal of (..., An, ... A2, A1, A0,
> >> L0)?

> > Since (..., An, ... A2, A1, A0, L0) does not appear to be a list, why
> > should there be any antidiagonal for it?

> Ach! Let's scrap A0 - it's confusing.
>
> If we let L_n be the nth element in the list L0, and An the
> anti-diagonal of the An-1, An-2,...., A1, L_1, L_2, L_3,...
>
> then
>
> L_1
> A1
> L_2
> A2
> L_3
> A3
> L_4
>
> is a list. I'm still thinking about that.
>
> Sylvia.

There are a lot of possible lists here.

One starts with, for example, same listing of the rationals indexed by
the 0-origin naturals: L0 = {q0, q1, q2, ...}.

For that list one finds an antidiagonal, a0, not in L0, and with it
forms a new list L1 = {a0, q0, q1, q2, ...} with the antidiagonal a0
prepended to the list of which it is the antidiagonal.

This process is clearly recursive, allowing us now, for example, to find
an antidiagonal a1 to L1 which we can prepend a1 to L1 giving a new list
L2 = {a1, a0, q0, q1, q2, ...}.

The process also clearly may be in theory repeated infinitely often, so
that one can derive from it new sequence of the antidiagonals taken in
the order of their derivation, A = {a0,a1, a2, ...}.

But as listability = countability everywhere except in WM's world, WM's
arguments claiming that tone can have ne without the other fails.

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules
jaimie
Peter Webb