Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

Virgil

In article
<3c04e794-89f9-4438-995f-d818a4a0ce25@5g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
Newberry <newberryxy@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 22, 1:14 pm, Virgil <Vir...@home.esc> wrote:
> > In article
> > <e6cef47a-8776-48b7-b21a-627a6366d...@g19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  Newberry <newberr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > How is this effective if the diagonal has infinite amount of
> > > information?

> > The list of naturals has an "infinite amount of information" in many
> > senses, but a finite rule of construction contains it all.

> I do not know how to quantify the amount of information the list of
> naturals carries. If it is not 0 then it is a few bits at most.
>
> You talk nonsense and you know it.

It makes perfect sense to me, and perhaps to some of those who read me.

The list of naturals is
> compressible the diagonal is generally incompressible.

Whatever does "compressible" mean?

The list of naturals can be generated by iteration of a finite formula.

But Cantor's original anti-diagonal argument uses only binary sequences,
i.e, functions from N to a two member set. Cantor's two element sets was
{m,w}, but using {0,1} simplifies things even more.

Given a list of infinite binary sequences with values in {0,1},
b_0, b_1, b_2,..., with b_m_n being the nth term in the mth sequence.
the antidiagonal is a where a_n = 1 - b_n_n

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules
jaimie
Peter Webb