Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

On 23 Jun., 06:47, Sylvia Else <syl...@not.here.invalid> wrote:

> Rather than argue that VMs proposition fails on that point, I wanted to
> address the flaw, in order to find a more substantial objection.

My initials ar WM.

There is no flaw in the argument: Your bijection either contains all
constructed antidiagonals. Then a list contains also its antidiagonal,
because every list has an antidiagonal and your bijection (that is
only a permutation of my list) contains all lines and antidiagonals.
I.e., there is no missing antidiagonal of a "limit" list outside of
the bijection.

Or there is a last diagonal of the limit list that does not belong to
your bijection (and to my list). Then there is a countable set (the
set that includes this last diagonal) that is not listable.

Think over that only a little bit. It is not difficult to understand.

Regrads, WM

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules
jaimie