The Math Forum

Replies: 204   Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 11:11 AM

Koobee Wublee

On Jun 25, 6:14 am, Daryl McCullough wrote:

> There is a variety of anti-relativity dissident that consists of
> people who accept length contraction and time dilation, but don't
> accept the relativity principle. They assume something along the
> lines of:
>
> There is a preferred frame, F, and there is an associated
> coordinate system such that

The absolute frame of reference is predicted by electromagnetism known
as the stationary background of the Aether. It was discovered through
a Doppler shift in the CMBR. <shrug>

> 1. Light travels in straight lines at speed c, as measured in F's
> coordinate system.

Actually the two-way speed of light (in a round trip) has been
measured and interpreted to be c. <shrug>

> 2. An ideal clocks in motion relative to F has an elapsed time
> given by dT/dt = square-root(1-(v/c)^2), where t is the time
> coordinate of F's coordinate system, and v is the velocity of
> the clock, as measured in F's coordinate system, and T is the
> elapsed time on the clock.

You are sloppy with variables. (t, x, y, z) should be the coordinate
system of the stationary background of the Aether. <shrug>

> 3. An ideal meterstick in motion, with the stick aligned in the
> direction of its motion, will have a length given by
> L = square-root(1-(v/c)^2).

Not all the infinite numbers of transforms that satisfy the null
results of the MMX exhibit this trait. <shrug>

> I would think that anybody could see that rules 1-3 are consistent.
> You cannot deduce a contradiction from these rules.

One should not pull these rules out of his ass. <shrug>

> Note that the
> contradiction that so many anti-relativists think that they have
> found in SR, namely, mutual time dilation, is not present in these
> rules, because these rules only mention time dilation with respect
> to a specific, preferred frame. So there is no possibility of deriving
> a "twin paradox" that is a logical contradiction. Right?

Yes, that is very corrupt. It should be ever so obviously so. What
took you so long? <shrug>

> Well, all the weirdness of SR, including mutual time dilation and
> the relativity of simultaneity *follows* logically from principles
> 1-3!

It would so if you throw also in the following.

4. The principle of relativity hold everywhere and everywhen.

> You can prove that if 1-3 are true in the preferred coordinate
> system, then they are *also* true as measured in any coordinate system
> that is related to the preferred coordinate system through the
> Lorentz transforms.

That is the problem. You are assuming the Lorentz transform is
valid. The Lorentz transform is only a special case to Larmor's
transform. See:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.relativity/msg/9886f187e761954c?hl=en

And

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.relativity/msg/c5a0a3c587fd4df4?hl=en

> There are two ways to go about seeing this. The first way is
> to start with 1-3, perform a Lorentz transform to get a new
> coordinate system, and then show that 1-3 still hold in this
> new coordinate system.

Get real! The Lorentz transform includes 4 that is 1-4 but Larmor's
transform only includes 1-3. The rest of crap snipped due to
ignorance in the difference between Larmor's and the Lorentz
transforms. <shrug>

This is a typical stupid, bloated, and convoluted logic of Einstein
Dingleberries after drinking load of fermented diarrhea of Einstein
the nitwit, the plagiarist, and the liar. <shrug>

Date Subject Author
Koobee Wublee
Koobee Wublee
Peter Webb