Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

Mike Terry

"WM" <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote in message
> On 26 Jun., 00:32, "Mike Terry"
>

> > > Please let me know: Does the list consisting of A0, A1, A2, A3, ...
> > > contain its antidiagonal or not?

> > No, of course not.

> The set of all these antidiagonals A0, A1, A2, A3, ... constructed
> according to my construction process and including the absent one is a
> countable set.

Yes, I've agreed that several times.

> > > That is not a problem. It shows however, that there are countable sets
> > > that cannot be listed.

> > How exactly does it show that there are countable sets that cannot be
> > listed?
> >

> See the one above: The results of my construction process.

No. The above shows that you've constructed a countable sequence of numbers
(A0, A1, A2, A3,...) which CAN be listed, namely consider the list (A0, A1,
A2, A3,...).

Read carefully!

> > OK, but you've still not given any explanation why you think the
> > antidiagonals of your process cannot be listed! (I'm genuinely

baffled.)

> You said so yourself, few lines above.

Rubbish. I have never said anything other than that (A0, A1, A2, ...) is a
countable sequence of reals that CAN be listed.

Go on - have one more go, then I'll give up...

Mike.

> Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules