Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

Mike Terry

> > > On 26 Jun., 00:32, "Mike Terry"

> > > The set of all these antidiagonals A0, A1, A2, A3, ... constructed
> > > according to my construction process and including the absent one is a
> > > countable set.

> > Yes, I've agreed that several times.

> > > See the one above: The results of my construction process.
> >
> > No. The above shows that you've constructed a countable sequence of

numbers
> > (A0, A1, A2, A3,...) which CAN be listed, namely consider the list (A0,
A1,
> > A2, A3,...).
> >
> > Read carefully!

> In order to do so, I posed the question: Does the list consisting of
> A0, A1, A2, A3, ... contain its antidiagonal or not?
>
> You said no. Therefore your assertion "which CAN be listed" is plainly
> wrong.

The fact that a list does not contain its antidiagonal does not mean the
list cannot be listed!.

My final word on this:

The set you have constructed: {A0, A1, A2,...} is:

a) countable
b) can be listed, e.g. (A0, A1, A2,...)
c) of course the list (A0, A1, A2,...) has an antidiagonal Aw,
which is not in {A0, A1, A2,...). (This is obviously
irrelevent to (a) and (b)).

So you are wrong. (Wrong not in a subtle way, but just in the
way of not understanding the basic usage of the mathematical terms
involved, like "countable" "list" etc.

Regards,
Mike.

> Of course it is not possible to list a list and its antidiagonal.

> > baffled.)
> >

> > > You said so yourself, few lines above.
> >
> > Rubbish. I have never said anything other than that (A0, A1, A2, ...) is

> > countable sequence of reals that CAN be listed
>
> but not with all its antidiagonals.

> > Go on - have one more go, then I'll give up...

> You'd better give up than make contradictory claims.
>
> Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules
jaimie