Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

On 27 Jun., 13:01, "Mike Terry"
<news.dead.person.sto...@darjeeling.plus.com> wrote:

> > In order to do so, I posed the question: Does the list consisting of
> > A0, A1, A2, A3, ... contain its antidiagonal or not?

> > You said no. Therefore your assertion "which CAN be listed" is plainly
> > wrong.

> The fact that a list does not contain its antidiagonal does not mean the
> list cannot be listed!.

But that is not the question! Please read carefully. The question is
whether there is a countable set that cannot be listed. This set is
given by the original list and all its possible antidiagonals.

> My final word on this:
>
> The set you have constructed:  {A0, A1, A2,...} is:
>
> a)  countable
> b)  can be listed, e.g. (A0, A1, A2,...)
> c)  of course the list (A0, A1, A2,...) has an antidiagonal Aw,
>     which is not in {A0, A1, A2,...).  (This is obviously
>     irrelevent to (a) and (b)).

And your (a) and (b) ist obviously irrelevant for the present
discussion.

> So you are wrong.

No. You simply cannot understand the meaning of a process which cannot
end (hence the results of which cannot be put in a complete list)
unless there is a list containing its antidiagonal. But as I have
given the description in clear words, I don't want to repeat it.
Probably it would not support your understanding either.

You may google under "supertask" to better inform you.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
|-|ercules
jaimie