The Math Forum

Replies: 204   Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 11:11 AM

harald

On Jul 1, 3:50 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...@Hogwarts.physics_z> wrote:
> "harald" <h...@swissonline.ch> wrote in message

> On Jul 1, 3:01 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...@Hogwarts.physics_z> wrote:
>

> > "harald" <h...@swissonline.ch> wrote in message

> > On Jul 1, 12:47 am, colp <c...@solder.ath.cx> wrote:

> > > On Jul 1, 4:30 am, PD <thedraperfam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > [..]
>
> > > <quote>

> > > Sure. You've used the statement from COLP's Oversimplified Relativity
> > > that moving clocks run slow (which you've said is true even for blue-
> > > shifted clocks), and you've used the statement that COLP's
> > > Oversimplified Relativity makes no provision whatsoever for a
> > > compression of time for a clock turning around. This immediately leads
> > > to several paradoxes, and this is ample reason to chuck Colp's
> > > Oversimplified Relativity.
> > > </quote>

> > > The statement that "moving clocks run slow" isn't an
> > > oversimplification, it is directly inferred from Einstein's
> > > "Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies".

> > > Also, Einstein's paper makes no provision whatsoever for the
> > > compression of time for a clock turning around.

> > Einstein's paper explains that clock rate (as measured with an
> > inertial coordinate system) must be the same at the same speed,
> > independent of the direction of motion of the clock. Is that what you
> > mean?
> > What he means is Einstein's paper makes no provision whatsoever for
> > the compression of time for a clock turning around. He does not mean
> > "must be the same at the same speed, independent of the direction of
> > motion of the clock", you stupid fuck.

> > > The paradoxes which arise from this are ample reason to chuck
> > > Einstein's theory.

> > What paradoxes? Different people perceive different paradoxes, but
> > they are all easy to explain; and probably the thinking error that you
> > fell for was already explained to you, but you either overlooked or
> > misunderstood it.

> > Harald
> > It's always someone else that has their stupid head up their arse, never
> > you.

> Wrong again, for example:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.relativity/msg/9781a6cf0a8...
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.relativity/msg/ae2b133e38b...
>
> And when did YOU admit to making mistakes?
>
> Harald
> On the couple of occasions when I was.
> In your case you don't have a clue what a paradox is.

As I suspected - you could not find even ONE single occasion in which
you admitted that you were mistaken!

>  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/paradox
>
>  : an argument that apparently derives self-contradictory conclusions by
> valid deduction from acceptable premises

Exactly - and note "apparently".

> In the frame of reference (coordinate system) of the Earth, the clock moves.
> In the frame of reference (coordinate system) of the clock, the Earth moves.
>
> In the frame of reference (coordinate system) of the Earth, the moving clock
> runs slow.
> In the frame of reference (coordinate system) of the clock, the moving Earth
> runs slow.

Yes

> When clock and Earth are reunited, each is slower than the other.

Here the the paradox is caused by the confusion between inertial
systems and non-inertial systems, as well as a misunderstanding of the
meaning of "in the frame of reference" (a misleading jargon). A
misunderstanding of the words "move" and "run" in the context of SRT
may also play a role: those only have an operational or "relative"
sense.

For you all help is too late, but *perhaps* not for colp; if he reacts
I may continue a discussion with him.

Harald

> That's a paradox, you stupid fuck!
> Different people perceive different paradoxes, but they are impossible to
> explain;
> and probably the thinking error that you fell for was already explained to
> you,
> but you either overlooked or misunderstood it because you have your stupid
> head
> up your arse and don't want to face it, you babbling cretin.

Date Subject Author
Koobee Wublee
Koobee Wublee
Peter Webb