The Math Forum

Replies: 204   Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 11:11 AM

Y.Porat

On Jul 4, 2:02 pm, stevendaryl3...@yahoo.com (Daryl McCullough) wrote:
> harald says...
>

> >On Jul 3, 4:10=A0pm, stevendaryl3...@yahoo.com (Daryl McCullough) wrote:
> >> I'm not sure what paradox you are referring to, then.
>
> >I did some digging to understand the main cause of confusion. What I
> >found, is the clock paradox started out as the one that Einstein was
> >confronted with, as criticism of his GRT. At least, concerning SRT,
> >before the development of GRT, I found no trace of such a paradox in
> >the old literature. Did you?

> No, but I haven't really looked. But I guess it makes sense.
> From the point of view of SR, it is clear that the traveling
> twin is different from the stay-at-home twin, since he is in
> a noninertial coordinate system. But if you generalize to allow
> *any* coordinate system (inertial or not) then you have to explain
> what's wrong with viewing the traveling twin at rest.
>
> But it's not really a paradox with GR, either, since GR doesn't
> use the Lorentz transforms to relate noninertial coordinate systems.
>
> It's hard for me to see how the "twin paradox" is a paradox in any
> sense other than being a surprising result.
>

> >> GR doesn't really *have* a notion of "rest".
>
> >Einstein's GRT holds that reference systems in any form of motion may
> >be used as physical reference system, relative to which objects are
> >"in rest" - that's the basis of the "clock" or "twin" paradox, and how
> >it started.

> >> For a particular coordinate system,
> >> you can use the term "at rest" to mean that the time derivative of the
> >>spacial coordinates are all zero, but that doesn't have any particular
> >> physical meaning, except in the cases where the metric is time-independent.

> >> It's not irrelevant to *MY* point. It is my point. And this is my
> >> thread, so my point counts.

> >Irrelevant for Einstein's clock paradox, which KW brought up in your
> >thread. ;-)

> I thought KW was suggesting that Einstein used GR as a *solution* to the
> paradox. I was responding to the idea that GR was a solution (whether or not
> Einstein viewed it as such).
>
> --
> Daryl McCullough
> Ithaca, NY

------------------
fucken mathematicians thik that they can solve with it all the
problems ofthis universe !!:
including changes in material
and biological world !!
the biological entity of a living crweature
is billion of times more complicate than that
fuckn relativity problem !!
he biological process is not meaningfully and certainly not governed
by movement or those
formula
it shows to what extent of
vanity and impertinence
those mathematicians got to !!
2
a piece of metal will not as well change
or become older or younger !!!

Y.Porat
-----------------------

Date Subject Author