The Math Forum

Replies: 204   Last Post: Jul 13, 2010 11:11 AM

whoever

"colp" wrote in message

>On Jul 5, 11:52 am, Cosmik de Bris
><cosmik.deb...@elec.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

[snip for brevity]

> [...]

Note your assumption and assertion "cannot be dilated with respect to each
other"

That is incorrect. It is most certainly possible, and I've shown you
previously how differences in clock sync result in mutual time dilation
being measured.

>> > No, it is a logical inference derived from Einstein's description of
>> > time dilation and his postulate that there is not preferred frame of
>> > reference.

>> Now you are contradicting yourself.

>Wrong. In this case the inference of a paradox means that Einstein's
>assumption is wrong.

There is no paradox .. only your assertion that it 'cannot' be. It is that
assertion that is wrong

>> You started this whole thread
>
>I didn't start this thread, Daryl did.
>

>> with a
>> reference to a paper claiming that it was possible to find an absolute
>> frame.

>You mean the paper I quoted from the "Symmetric Twin Paradox" thread?

That's probably the one .. it is equally wrong in its conclusion, as there
is no symmetric twin paradox. SR predicts that the twins have the same age
(no matter which frmae of reference you use).

>> This paper you touted as showing SR to be wrong.
>
>What do you mean by 'touted'?

Lookup a dictionary

>> and you are not
>> using Einstein's description of time dilation you are using a mish-mash
>> of stuff of your own making.

>Wrong. I quoted Einstein's description of time dilation from
>"Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies". The text is even present in the
>post that you replied to. If you think that my description is
>materially different, then quote what I said that shows that.

You are using time dilation, but ignoring the rest of SR. That is why YOU
get a paradox, but SR does not.

Date Subject Author
Koobee Wublee
Koobee Wublee