Replies: 658   Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 10:15 AM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

On Jun 20, 1:57 am, "Ross A. Finlayson" <ross.finlay...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Jun 17, 10:30 pm, Tim Little <t...@little-possums.net> wrote:
>

> > On 2010-06-18, Ross A. Finlayson <ross.finlay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > The rationals are well known to be countable, and things aren't both
> > > countable and uncountable, so to have a reason to think that
> > > arguments about the real numbers that are used to establish that
> > > they are uncountable apply also to the rationals, the integer
> > > fractions, has for an example in Cantor's first argument, about the
> > > nested intervals, that the rationals are dense in the reals, so even
> > > though they aren't gapless or complete, they are no- where
> > > non-dense, they are everywhere dense on the real number line.

> > As your sentence is less than coherent, I will merely point out that
> > it is generally poor form to use 9 commas in a single sentence except
> > when listing items.  I will grant that parody often benefits from
> > abuses of ordinary sentence structure, such as, for example, and not
> > in any way showing that these are the only possible forms, sentences,
> > like this one, which are convoluted to exhibit, by way of meandering,
> > that they imply that mental processes, of the original writer, that
> > is, which may be, perhaps, less than clear, and so in some way, to
> > some readers, humourous.

> > - Tim
>
> Some I go back and add later.
>
> Too bad no one can read it but me.
>
> No seriously still it's clear in lots of ways, I can rewrite those
> paragraphs as much longer.
>
> Sorry that was a bad joke.  Collected, I'm very happy with the
> output.  Each one, in its own way, has some content.
>
> You don't agree with the rationals are dense on the line?
>
> The rationals are well known to be countable, and things aren't both
> countable and uncountable,
> so to have a reason to think that arguments about the real numbers
> that are used to establish that they are uncountable apply also to the
> rationals, the integer fractions,
> has for an example in Cantor's first argument, about the nested
> intervals,
> that the rationals are dense in the reals,
> so even though they aren't gapless or complete,
> they are no- where non-dense, they are everywhere dense on the real
> number line.
>
> The rationals are well known to be countable,
>      and things aren't both countable and uncountable,
> so to have a reason to think that arguments about the real numbers
>              that are used to establish that they are uncountable
> apply also to the rationals,
>                   the integer fractions,
> has for an example in Cantor's first argument,
>                       about the nested intervals,
> that the rationals are dense in the reals,
>                       so even though they aren't gapless or complete,
> they are no- where non-dense, they are everywhere dense on the real
> number line.
>
> (The rationals
>      are well known to be countable,
>      and things aren't both countable and uncountable, so )
> [...]

Warm regards, why warm regards?

We parse your posts, here I'm replying to myself.

(It's OK.)

No I'm just kidding, but this is great, this is a great medium of
expression.

(Excuse me, while I fix the previous sentence befi meidum -> medium of
expression.)

Well, thank you very much.

Warm regards,

Ross Finlayson