Topic: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jan 28, 2014 9:41 PM

Shanmugam Kannappan

Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...

Hi,

May I know how you are trying to run the file?
I mean,r u running in the command window or directly from the m-file.
Also,please check your function name's & variables names are not the same.

Shan!

"teki " <radiotek@gmail.com> wrote in message <i3s1tq$l3n$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am facing the same problem today.
>
> I try to run the .m file in my current directory and Matlab would give the message - "Undefined function or variable". I add the current path and still it does not recognize any .m file in the current directory.
>
> Moreover, any new .m file is not running at all, while some of the old .m files I executed previously are working fine.
>
> Any help is most appreciated!
>
> Many thanks,
> Sundeep
>
> "Steven Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <hute1f$ifa$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> > "Theophane " <theo.weber@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Matlab has gone mad! It won't accept any declaration other than
> > > predeclared matlab functions (say, fft). Almost any other function call
> > > returns 'Undefined function or method bla bla'.
> > >
> > > I know you'll think that I don't have the path defined correctly, or that
> > > my function is not defined properly, but this is not the case. I am trying
> > > to call functions or script located in the directory i am currently
> > > browsing.
> > >
> > > Tab autocompletes their name when I start typing the first few letters.
> > > But as soon as I press enter, matlab gets confused. I have been using
> > > matlab for years, never encountered this problem.
> > >
> > > Even weirder, I can copy those files in a different folder, and sometimes,
> > > just sometimes, they will work. For a bit. Before becoming un-callable
> > > again.
> > > This does not concern all the files I am using, just some. they can be on
> > > a different drive, too.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any clue what is going on?

> > Send a listing of the names of the files in that directory to Technical
> > Support so they can investigate what's going on.
> >
> > --
> > Steve Lord
> > slord@mathworks.com
> > comp.soft-sys.matlab (CSSM) FAQ: http://matlabwiki.mathworks.com/MATLAB_FAQ
> > To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
> > http://www.mathworks.com

Date Subject Author
6/11/10
Read Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Theophane
6/11/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shanmugam Kannappan
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
9/17/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
9/22/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jeremy Lagorse
9/23/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
4/7/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shai
6/28/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
nick
3/23/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Hye Young
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
us
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Walter Roberson
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Rafa
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Di
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Frank
1/27/14
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Yilin
1/28/14