Topic: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jan 28, 2014 9:41 PM

teki

Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. In response to your questions;

1. Matlab worked fine before
2. I discovered this problem four days ago. I had to go back to my desktop to run this function. Today, it worked once when I copied the file from my pc, and saved the file with a different file name on my laptop. I thought that was it, but on subsequent attempts, the m-file would not run.
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. I am quite positive about that. I don't understand why the same m-file runs without any error on my desktop but fails completely on my laptop.
7. Error reads - "undefined function or variable".
8. I am not sure what else can I say about this.

Many thanks,
Sundeep

"Jan Simon" <matlab.THIS_YEAR@nMINUSsimon.de> wrote in message <i3scmp$t6t$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Dear teki,
>
> it would be helpful, if you give us a complete description of what has happened:
> 1. Did Matlab work fine before?
> 2. What has happened in between?
> 3. Does "path" reply the expected toolbox folders?
> 4. Do you have read access to these folders?
> 5. Does WHICH find any of the toolbox functions?
> 6. Are you sure that there are no naming conflicts? If so, why?
> 7. Does Matlab provide any error messages, if yes, please post them.
> 8. Further ideas of what might be helpful to identify the problem?
>
> Kind regards, Jan

Date Subject Author
6/11/10
Read Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Theophane
6/11/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shanmugam Kannappan
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
9/17/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
9/22/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jeremy Lagorse
9/23/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
4/7/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shai
6/28/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
nick
3/23/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Hye Young
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
us
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Walter Roberson
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Rafa
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Di
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Frank
1/27/14
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Yilin
1/28/14